Criteria for Participation:
• Be between the ages of 25-65.
• Clinical Diagnosis of Down syndrome.
• Have no history of seizures, epilepsy or stroke in the past 24 months.
• Not on active treatment with an anti-epileptic agent.
• Have no history of major depression, bipolar disorder or psychotic disorders, or any other major psychiatric condition.
• Have no history of Migraine headaches.
This single-session, approximately 3.5 hour-long study involves:
• Pre-study mental health evaluations – You will be asked to answer a series of questions and fill out a questionnaire.
• EEG recordings – A cap with electrodes will be placed on your head in order to measure your brain activity.
• Exposure to light flicker and/or click sounds delivered at high frequencies
– You will be asked to sit in front of an LED panel with speakers and look at the panel while they output light and sounds that are meant to alter your brain activity.
• Financial compensation up to $75 at the completion of the study visit
If interested, please contact us for more information by email at email@example.com or call 617-258-7723